Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Jacksonville, Fl Questions  (Read 1901 times)

loganjacobi

Jacksonville, Fl Questions
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
So I've done my best to try and research where to kayak fly fish in Jacksonville,Fl. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck. I've tried searching every way possible but all I can get to come up are fishing charters! Could anyone be so kind to help me out! I'm trying to find places to put in the water and kayak fish for reds ... Well anything really.. i justcan't seem to find anything that says this is a good place to put inthe water etc. any help is appreciated! Including fly tips! Lol
Im going July 7-13 if the date matters any!

Thanks in advance!

Logan-

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Re: Jacksonville, Fl Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 02:03:05 PM »
My best advice for new water is to buy a $20 top spot map. They mark the noteworthy grass flats and give seasonal codes R for good Redish season And r--to indicate ties when they are not as thick.  In Charleston, the map was spot-on for labeling the prime flats where 2 hired guides took me.

Every large inshore estuary takes a lifetime to learn, so good luck, and don't get overwhelmed or discouraged.  Main point rock jetties exiting to the ocean are always a  Good place to start.  Super heavy current, so you're better off on foot.
Get a good bookmark on your cell to track the tide charts, and watch for the high flood tides to chase tailers in the grass.
Good luck.

loganjacobi

Re: Jacksonville, Fl Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for tips and info! Greatly appreciated!!

-Logan