Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: The Piney River is stocked  (Read 6181 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
The Piney River is stocked
« on: December 05, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
The Piney River near Spring City was stocked with rainbow trout Tuesday for the delayed harvest season. Nov. 1 until Feb. 28, 2013 catch and release for all trout, artificial lures only. March 1, 2013 trout may be harvested with a 7 trout daily limit. The Piney is also stocked in March, April, and May. There is good public access at the Cumberland Trail State Park on Shut in Gap Rd.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: The Piney River is stocked
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »
They won't be stocking the Harpeth this winter.

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
Anybody want to check it out Dec. 21 or 22 weather permitting?

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:28:02 AM »

I would guess that has something to do with them removing the low-head dam where they have previously been stocked?  That's too bad, some used to make it down my way by March and they would hit dry flies in the seams of fast current....
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:05:32 AM »

I would guess that has something to do with them removing the low-head dam where they have previously been stocked?  That's too bad, some used to make it down my way by March and they would hit dry flies in the seams of fast current....

Exactly Todd, they don't want people tromping all over the banks until they've had a chance to establish according to the news report.

Grumpy

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »
Anybody want to check it out Dec. 21 or 22 weather permitting?

That could be fun.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »

Exactly Todd, they don't want people tromping all over the banks until they've had a chance to establish according to the news report.

Grumpy

I wish they would go ahead and throw them in, and just not let people access that particular area.  I'm sure they are already bought & paid for...  It does appear the January stocking is still scheduled provided the vegetation takes root.  We'll see...  Thanks for the heads up, I had not heard about this until now.
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead