Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: A few trips to the HI  (Read 1586 times)

Bfish

• FishHead
A few trips to the HI
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:47:50 PM »
Finally got my little bitty drift boat out, wanted to test it out solo before taking my boys out (8 and 9).  So Sunday evening fished 2 gens dropping to 1.  Did well but didn't fish the flyrod much due to sore shoulder (trimmed trees/bushes all the previous day). I will need a heavier anchor and replace the anchor line with something stiffer (soft rope crushed and tended to stick in the roller wheels).  Saw a nice sized Bald Eagle shortly before sunset. That was last Sunday.

Fast forward to Friday. Midday launch on 2 gens.  Tube hatch was non stop.  Even being anchored, I still had 3 different bozos run into the drift boat. I get that they are idiots and don't move away from my fishing lane, however they morons actually ran into the drift boat while it was anchored. The boys (8 and 9) did a fine job casting and retrieving inline spinners (their first time really casting and retrieving).  I hooked up 4 times (and the let them reel them in) between the tangles and hangups.  They are ready to go back, so overall a success.  PS I've got a new whitewater raft coming this week, so time to save for a frame (I miss my PAC1400/Aire SuperDuperPuma) for full river trips. 

kaisersoze

• FishHead
Re: A few trips to the HI
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »
They ran into your boat because it’s camo. Try orange
Who is John Galt?

fairweatherfish

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
Trip with the kids sounds like a win, despite the dum dums.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 12:31:31 PM »
Great TR's. Seems dumb is the "new normal."
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 02:31:48 PM »
I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of the kids while fishing.  I'll make sure I get some actions shots next time.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 05:37:04 AM »
Sounds like a fun day, one of the reasons i quit guiding was the idiot hatch.

MikeA

• Administrator
  • https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 07:11:49 AM »
I've been there when a floating tree flipped a anchored drift boat. If that happens with a kayak, you might get to own the outfitter.
There is not much collective security in a flock of sheep on the way to the butcher.