Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Fly Line  (Read 5233 times)

Leo deMonbreun

Re: Fly Line
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »
What's the consensus on that sharkskin messing up the guides on the rod?  I've heard some people say that, but you know, people can often be dramatic.  Sounds like BS to me and if I didn't just buy a new TT I would try the sharkskin

Even a soft shell fly line will eventually make grooves in guides.  I don't think the Sharkskin has been out there long enough yet to see what it will do.  Couldn't tell you how many tip tops I have replaced that were grooved from fly lines.  Tich will be a little more resistant to it than stainless or softer guide materials.  It will be interesting to see what it does and what folks are saying about it either in a year, or when the new wears off!
"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley