Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Night snookin  (Read 533 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Night snookin
« on: February 22, 2023, 06:51:43 AM »
Made it out a couple of nights ago and hit the normal milk run looking for snook.  A good incoming tide was set and light wind was in my future.  I hit close to 50 lights and only 3 docks held fish.  Crazy, normally John’s Pass holds a lot of fish.  This time of year is always hit or miss with the warming of the water.  White bait is starting to show, next thing you know the tarpon will be at the bridges and the snook will be on the beach. 

Hope all is well Pals
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Night snookin
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 04:38:03 PM »
Good fishing report nont heless , flowing high in these parts.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 09:40:48 PM »
We’re headed to Indian pass in June. Hopefully some pogey’s and tarpon show up.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 05:26:48 PM »
The fish will be more willing to bite after the new moon. 

New moon in June…. When the love bugs show up off shore.

Tips from one pal to another,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 04:19:31 PM »
I'll be there the 10'th so I'll just have to take what I can get. Should be fun exploring Apalatch bay.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956