Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: a fall bite  (Read 378 times)

icthus

• FishHead
a fall bite
« on: October 20, 2023, 05:46:40 PM »
Went south out of the home ramp, wind less then 5 knots, and a below average tide.  I fished a flat close to the house I rarely hit, and pushed 3 snook off that were over 40"s.  I called a bunch of pals and all were caught up in something else.  Given someone polling on the back of the boat, probably could have gotten a couple eats.  I did up getting a 20 plus " snook, a few trout, and missed a stud snook.  Its going to blow for the next 7 days.  Go figure, I am home next week.  All the pals, being pals, keep palling around. 

hard to think its been 10 years...
Have a great weekend,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: a fall bite
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 12:28:01 PM »
Me & Glenn need to come down there & aggravate you.

icthus

• FishHead
Re: a fall bite
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 02:56:34 PM »
I would love that….

Went out today for a few hours.  One red and pushed a big snook.  Got a lean and refusal.

Cheers Pal
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"