Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Thanksgiving Week?  (Read 3210 times)

Curtis Martin

Thanksgiving Week?
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:54:38 PM »
Anybody wanting to hook up on the Caney the week of Thanksgiving? I will be off all week and may take a trip to the Clinch. Just let me know if anybody wants to head up this way.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Thanksgiving Week?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:51:33 AM »
Other than just seeing the Clinch, the Caney is fishing a whole lot better :o
What is time off :'(

Grumpy

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
I will head to the Caney for sure. Need to get out of the house.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
I just got marching orders. I'll be driving the Sugar Callous to Atlanta on Tuesday afternoon. Spending Thanksgiving there with the kids and grandkids. Then back here Friday for another Thanksgiving celebration at her dad's. Probably no fishing for me that week.

I feel for ya Grumpy, it's just about to get busy for you retailers.  I'd do it again if it came down to feeding my family, retail that is, but I hope it never does. I love the people interaction but man this time of year gets completely out of whack.  Good luck bud.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 03:26:12 PM »
From a present Coke supplier buy your drinks early so we dont have to work until 11:00 pm Thanksgiving eve.   Thanksgiving morning I want to fishing without being dead tired. :)
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »
Why aren't you fishing right now. Are you sceered?  :o
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »
Lightnin' don't skeer me.  :o ;D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Caneybuff

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
Lightning?  What  lightning?

Was good to see you yesterday RM... kinda nice to just sit and talk a little while while debating whether or not to walk on out before the storm would have actually driven us out.  Even with rain gear, I wasn't eager to stand out there in the wind and electric rain.   Just as I got back to the house, the storm settled in for a good long while. 

Oh yeah, the missing pyrex baking dish that my wife had called me about in such a panic?  It wasn't in any of the usual places where I might have stashed it... Haha, it was sitting, filled with apples, right smack in the middle of the kitchen table.   Funny girl she is, but not as funny as me walking all over the house looking for my dang truck keys while they are in my pocket.  I was just glad it wasn't me that had put that special "can't-use-any-baking-dish-but- this-one" out there in plain sight. 

Anyway, Thanksgiving morning, if the  gen schedule permits, I'll be out there amongst em too.  See ya there. 

Curtis Martin

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:24:28 AM »
Yeah, good to see you too. We almost got to fish together. From the log we were sitting on and going upstream, is one of my favorite stretches of water. Scott has spent alot of time with me right through there learning about how the river channel flows under the water.

Accuweather is an application download for your cell phone that is one of the best I have used. I really depend on that radar feature and it will also give you the wind speed and the barometric pressure.

I gotta get me a good rain system for these cooloer months. It's hard to get a jacket on over my vest and I may have to go to that fishpond pack that I bought from CT oh....sometime this past summer and still haven't used. It's hard to get away from a vest!

At least I don't get blamed for you burning supper like the last time we swapped stories ;D

Caneybuff

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 09:32:05 AM »
Curtis...  oh, that evening's dinner was just fine.. but, anyway, I don't need excuses for burning dinner...  I'm very talented at that.  Icthus was here once when I was making homemade tomato soup, he ate the whole bowl and never once grimmaced, winced, scowled, and even told me it was good.  My sweetie says, "it has a nice carbon flavor doesn't it."     

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »
Dan, dont me modest.  CB invited to stay at his house one weekend when I planned on camping on the river.  Hmmmm, hard ground, or a bed with air condition.  I had hot dogs, drinks and a can of chips.  After fishing I can eat an entire cow, honestly. Well not an entire cow but a part of a cow none the less.  Dan made this killer home grown tomatoe soup that had a slight smokey taste to it.  I dont think he meant to make it taste like that, however, it was the best soup next to conche soup we ate back home that I have ever had. 

Blessings
Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Caneybuff

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 07:18:33 PM »
Bud, I am just laughing.....  you're dang fine friend.   Welcome here anytime.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »
I normally won't eat at Dan's unless he tells me Ms. Cher made it ;D, i know i'm in for a treat then.
Dan does pretty good on coffee though, seems Ms. Cher posted some instructions inside the lid on the coffee maker :o

Grumpy

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 07:41:56 PM »
LOL