Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Anyone Fishing after T'Day???  (Read 1815 times)

czkid

Anyone Fishing after T'Day???
« on: November 19, 2007, 08:44:31 AM »
I wanted to check and see if they had "re-stocked" for Thanksgiving.  I'll probably hit the river after Thursday.  Anyone heading that way???
Petri Heil

Ralph

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Re: Anyone Fishing after T'Day???
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 12:15:16 PM »
Ralph,

I will go up and check for you on the way to take the little man to see his grandparents up in Metro Moore County ;)

Will let you know, by tomorrow night, OK ?

czkid

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 04:07:24 PM »
Merci!!!

Given the conditions the river is fishing quite well, at least down to the bend.

Maybe with a little more rain things will improve substantially.

Ralph
Petri Heil

Ralph

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »
TVA is showing that they will generate for one hour on Tuesday from 10-11am.

czkid

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:10:57 AM »
WOW!!!!! ;)
Petri Heil

Ralph

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »
My oldest came up for a visit, we went up to Metro by way of the dam, was 4 gentlemen in flysuits waiting for the water to recede, sure was some nasty looking water stirred up. Will try and get up that way again tomorrow.

czkid

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:39:01 AM »
I hit the river at about 1030 on Friday.  Lots of folks on the river, and the riverbed was MUCH cleaner after the generation.  Given that we had a front come thru on Thurs the fishing was OK.  Our finny friends weren't really "keying" in on anything in particular, which made things a bit more difficult.

This is the  time of year that we tend to get lots of frontal activity through the area, which will throw the fish off a bit more... but hopefully we will have a bit more clean water to fish which will make up for the difficulty.  Now if they will just generate a bit more we can have a clean riverbed and the fish should be in better shape.

A friend and I are planning on being ill on Friday so that we can check out the fishing at that time.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Petri Heil

Ralph