Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Biggest Trout on the Elk  (Read 3932 times)

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Biggest Trout on the Elk
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 08:14:31 AM »
I've had many conversations with TWRA's shocking crew on the Elk & no they wouldn't let me tag along >:(
There are some big browns on the Elk & quite a few, they aren't at the walk-in spots though :-\
Adam, good to hear you aren't letting a lil snow keep you from fishing.

Grumpy

roberts618

Re: Biggest Trout on the Elk
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
I forgot to mention in my earlier post, that I saw a 24" Brown that caught above Ferris Creek Bridge back in the summer.  It was still alive when the fisher from Fayetteville (that is all I know about him) took his canoe out there. 

This fish was a 'hog' in the true sense of the word.  It was still alive when I saw it but unfortunately it was going in the man's freezer. 

He told me he caught it with a Beatle Spin minus the spin.  Of course I rushed to Wal-Mart and bought $20 worth.  I have only caught one small trout on that system below the Tim's Ford dam despite trying them several times.