Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Barrs Graphic Caddis  (Read 1411 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Barrs Graphic Caddis
« on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »
Tied up a dozen of these guys last night. Man they look good enough to eat. This pic  and tutorial is for Charlie Cravens site. One of if not the best step by step tying sites on the net!
That Ostrich herl is a pain in the butt to get right!!!

http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/details.cfm?parentID=97
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

adamtn

• set....Set....SET!!!
Re: Barrs Graphic Caddis
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:00:46 PM »
I've looked at that pattern before. Never tried it because it looked like too many steps. How long did it take to crank out that dozen?

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »
One Pink Floyd Dark Side of The Moon CD I think. I'm was a little slow, ok real slow. I didn't feel well.  ;D
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:07:30 PM »
Thats funny Mike , when I sit at the vise which is just about every day , I measure my time in cups of coffee . I like to tie flies and drink lots of coffee in the winter so I can fish the other 11 1/2 months out of the year ;D                   
I just don't care!

adamtn

• set....Set....SET!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:41:24 PM »
i'm gonna make a bunch of those up for next summer. Last summer i caught tons of fish on sparkle pupa and other caddis nymphs