Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Obey Report for what it's worth  (Read 1825 times)

wil2hike

• Calvary Outfitters
Obey Report for what it's worth
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »
Fished the Obey just befroe Thanksgiving - like fishing on a pond, no current, windy,cold (never made it to 40).  Started just below the dam and saw a few risers.  Threw everything I had at them with no success.  Moved down just below the first ramp and caught 8 nice (12"-13") fat fish in about an hour and a half, then they shut off.  Nothing for the remainder of the day.

icthus

• FishHead
Re: Obey Report for what it's worth
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
I had the same luck about a month before that.  I would bet the fishing would be good right when the shoot the generators down when there is current, but fishing slow runs gets old after a while.  Thanks for the report.

Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

icthus

• FishHead
Re: Obey Report for what it's worth
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:13:09 PM »
I had the same luck about a month before that.  I would bet the fishing would be good right when the shoot the generators down when there is current, but fishing slow runs gets old after a while.  Thanks for the report.

Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"