Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Fishing the Duck 2-5-08  (Read 2371 times)

roberts618

Fishing the Duck 2-5-08
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:19:43 PM »
A beautiful afternoon with temps in the high 60's with alternating clouds and sun.  It was the first time I had been on the Duck in about nine months and frankly my expectations were low as I arrived in the parking lot. 

Then I saw the water level (also low) and talked to a couple of spincasters near the bridge who were not doing very well.  My expectations sank even lower as I suited up.

Went downstream from the bridge to what used to be the deep hole.  Water there is now about your waist.  Found a seam of water and tried a San Juan worm with a Tim's Trout Candy dropper.  Had eight really good strikes during about 2 1/2 hours of fishing.  Landed five, two threw the hook within five feet and one spit is out about 20 feet out.  The biggest that I landed was 14" and the others were 12" and 10" varieties of Rainbows.

Around 4 pm a young man with a spin rig came down and I invited him over to fish the hole with me.  He was using a Rooster Tail and caught six Rainbows within an hour.  Four of these were taken home.

So, a lovely afternoon on the Duck River after all for me.  Not so lovely for the trout that were taken home for dinner though.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fishing the Duck 2-5-08
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:36:37 AM »
Sounds like a great day on the water. Temps were very nice outside!!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum