Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Big Priest hybrids  (Read 1972 times)

fishtracker

Big Priest hybrids
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:10:51 PM »
I have fished on Priest for nearly 20 years and finally after seeing and hearing big fish being caught, I did it. 3 consecutive days 9 Hybrids and 3 Rocks, all over 10 lbs with 3 ranging from 14 to 14.5 lbs. I was so glad to get my son in on the action! What a blessing! Now if I can just find where they go after this! ... By the way, Thanks for this website forum, I have enjoyed it very much and finally have info. to share and add.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
Re: Big Priest hybrids
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »
Congratulations on the success.  But now as an apportionment paying UM'er you need to spend some time at work and not at the lake, unless of course you take fellow UM'ers with you!

fishtracker

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
Spooky Cnaeyscud - you must know me but I don't know you.

By the way, meant to say that these fish were caught in wind and a cold rain, the last hour before dark on 3.27 & 3.28  with a dry but "east" wind day on 3.29 afternoon.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:15:53 PM »
Very nice man, solid work.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
Any idea where to catch hybrids.  I was smokin them for a while and now the river is muddy, and the lake is slow, cant find them anywhere.  Thoughts, opinions, ideas.

Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »
Nice fish!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Kylemc

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 08:43:37 AM »
Who got the $?

fishtracker

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 05:45:06 AM »
Thanks all - Icthus, those we caught were on bottom in 20 - 24 ft. water, temp was 58. WWent back last Sat. the 5th, only caught one - 7lbs. Very slow. That's the hardest part for me is finding them when they move, even looking for and finding baitfish - it's like they just vanish almost overnight. I guess it's the "transition" everyone talks about. Went Tuesday the 8th right before dark and my son caught one 11 lb. rock (pic included).

Kylemc, It was my son's $ which I confiscated as a guide fee (yeah, my services are cheap).

I need to learn a different method like Mike has talked about before using flies, jigs, live bait - all these were caught trolling diving baits.

[attachment deleted by admin]