Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Plateau Report 4/19  (Read 1689 times)

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
Plateau Report 4/19
« on: April 19, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »
Morning trip to Calfkiller slow, only luck came with #2/0 chartruse and white clouser for a couple small bass. Water is swift, cold and wading can be dangerous.
Afternoon trip to Cane Creek chasing muskie went a little better, spotted one nice fish, but no follows. Followed Creek upstream to first riffleand had luck catcing large mouth and red eye. My cousin did well fishing with small smoke colored grubs and I had some luck with black streamers.
Not sure if slow fishing was due to the cold front passing through, last years drought, or the fisherman.
Local Bass tournament guys report numbers of small muskie being caught...
seems like there has been a recent stocking?
Off to the trout section of Cane Creek tomarrow.

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
Re: Plateau Report 4/19
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »
Sounds like you had fun, thanks for the report. ;)

Jarrod
I just don't care!

Curtis Martin

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:04:56 PM »
Those small streams sure are alot of fun. I have started noticing that they are temperamental though. The slightest change in temps or clarity in the water can stun the fish for a few days. Next week looks more promising.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 07:09:41 AM »
Sounds like you guys had a great time and thanks for the report. Skinny water is fun.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:04:27 AM »
Thanks again for the reports from up there Brady!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956