Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: in my BackYard  (Read 1149 times)

dleo6446

in my BackYard
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:11:18 PM »
My wife and I were sitting in my rod building rooma nd looking out into the yard when she said that she sahttp://w that owl land in one of the trees across the creek from us.  I went out there and it certainly wasn't an owl.  Much much bigger than an owl and at first all I could see was the back of the bird.  She went inside to get a camera and when she came back it turned watching us, and the dogs, hungrily....

I did manage to get off one shot with the camera before it flew away, at about 60 to 80 yards, sorry for the bad shot but photography wasn't a gift to me with camera in hand....I got a close enough look at her to tell that this was one big bird, just guess it's wingspan at 4 to 5 feet when it flew away.  according to what I saw and found on the internet, it looks like a Golden Eagle....anyway, some of you may know exactly what it was, certainly not a hawk, much much bigger than any hawk I have ever seen....

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: in my BackYard
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:31:12 PM »
I don't know, it could be an Eagle I guess. Do you have a Cat? You might want to keep it inside for a few days...
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956