Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Old Hickory Lake Report 7/26/08  (Read 1409 times)

Gary

Old Hickory Lake Report 7/26/08
« on: July 26, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
Fished OH Lake about 5:00 pm till 9:00 pm.  First cast with a black woolly bugger landed a LM that would push three pounds.  Caught two more smaller ones and swicthed to panfish.  Caught a few shares of nice warmouths and bluegills on top with sliders and hoppers.  Even landed a 16" catfish on the bugger.  Fished a dock with lights after dark and caught a few yellow bass and more bluegill on minnow patterns stripped slow.  Bugs started to win out so called it a night.

Go catch a fish,

Gary

Gofisher

• FishHead
  • "Sometimes I just don't pay attention!"
Re: Old Hickory Lake Report 7/26/08
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
Sounds like a blast! I have yet to target the bass much on a flyrod (I've never had a motorboat), but with the pressure some days on the coldwater, I think I'll be trying it more often.
"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Gierach

Mike Hill

• Fishless
  • Mike - the OTHER Mike!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:28:15 PM »
I agree, that does sound like fun.   I've had loads of fun catching sunfish on a popper.

Travis C.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:34:07 AM »
Sounds like fun Gary.

I wish I could have joined you but had too much on the honey-do list.

I keep meaning to take my flyrod when I go to the Cumby or above the dam on the Old Hickory side.

Travis

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun! WIsh I could have been on the water with you.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum