Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: August Fly of the Month - Wiggleminnow  (Read 1998 times)

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
August Fly of the Month - Wiggleminnow
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:07:06 PM »
Please excuse my tying and photography skills :-\
Step 1- Tie in a mono loop (30 lb.) on a B10 S 2/0 hook

Step 2 Tie in your tail material ( I use Z-lon)

Step 3 Cut the angle on your foam cylinder ( I use 35 degrees )

Step 4 Slice the bottom of the foam, but do not cut all the way through at the angle. I like to stay a little back so I can put the eye of the hook in the opening and then push it through the center of the cylinder.

Step 5 Put the foam on the hook by pushing the sliced opening down over the hook, then push it to the rear of the hook until you push the eye of the hook through the center of the foam.

Step 6 Glue the slice back together with Zap A Gap, and glue on your eyes also. I use the plastic eyes with the stems (which I cut off with finger nail clippers)but any 3-D eyes will work.

Step 7 Now you are ready to add any color that you wish to add. I chose Fire Tiger

I hope this helps somebody. Cumberland Transit has all these materials. I think you will have fun with these, and they are not very hard to tie. I forgot to mention that Sharpie markers work well for the color.

Jarrod
I just don't care!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: August Fly of the Month - Wiggleminnow
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:06:05 PM »
Great work Jarrod!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Curtis Martin

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 11:39:12 PM »
Very nicely done my friend. The macro shots turned out very well!

Curtis

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »
Solid work Jarrod.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Rockyraccoon

• Rocky Top Anglers
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
Nice work.

I'd enjoy stripping it.  ;D
Goo Goo Ga Choob!

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow. Could you beam me somewhere, Mister Scott?
Any old place here on Earth or in space.You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.