Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Sta-bil Ethanol Treatment  (Read 1628 times)

bd

• Global Moderator
Sta-bil Ethanol Treatment
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:54:41 AM »
Anyone using it?

bd

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Sta-bil Ethanol Treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:08:15 AM »
No sir and seems that there are mixed reviews online.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

owengrad

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »
I am using it for my 2007 15 hp Yamaha that is on my RiverHawk.  So far so good!  But, I cheat by trying to only buy non-ethanol gas, which is tough to do during the winter months.  Therefore, I have to give it a marginal review.

Jim
Jim

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »
I haven't heard of it.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve Wright

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 07:10:43 PM »
Yeah ,been using it for past 8 months.....marine formula ( blue color ) 19.89 for a qt. at most Wal-Marts ....cheaper per dose than original red formula.

Get a Ethanol test kit ( under $7.00 )  & see for sure what % of ethanol your buying .

Alcohol-based additives are not good w/ ethanol ....just increasing water absorption & will allow separation from fuel which is the enemy.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TimM

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 10:13:42 PM »

I haven't read about it at any of the posted links or elsewhere....however I can tell you that I think it made a difference with my Yamaha this past year.   Early in 08 I had an issue at the ramp one AM. Found it to be fuel supply related. Bypassed the fuel/H20 separator and all was good.   I wasn't prompt in either diagnosing the real cause of the flow restriction or even replacing the separator. A couple of months later I was away from home on the water when the motor started missing and generally losing power when under load.  Added  a large dose of Stabil the next AM and the motor ran fine all day .  Coincedence? Perhaps.  I don't think so though as I've continued to use it and haven't seen the problem again even though I didn't change out the fuel/h20 separator until last weekend. 

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:36:52 PM »
I use SeaFoam