Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: A tale of two very differant days spent trolling DHL/MY 10LB RAINBOW PICTS.  (Read 5102 times)

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Spent thursday the 6th trolling DHL for muskies with Eric Morrison and sunday the 9th trolling for bows with Tony Ellis.When we arrived at Holly Creek marina thursday morn at 6 am it was 5 degrees.My personal coldest launch,there was an inch thick of ice at the ramp.We had to bust thru with the Lund's trailer.We fished the middle part of the lake.There was an early lunnar spike and we got two muskies on early but lost them both,the second was much larger then the first.Par for the course for muskie fishing.If thursday was the coldest day i've fished, sunday was the warmest day I've ever fished in february.Started early sunday (overcast ,50 degrees)trolling the lower end for bows and got an almost 4lber early  and later,after the sun came out we got a 10lb 26 inch rainbow.A slow day,but a memorable one.The bows came from 5 and 15 ft. deep over the old river channel and the muskies came 25 ft deep in 30 to 45ft of water over weeds.
Dave   

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: A tale of two very differant days spent trolling DHL/a fishing report
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:47:20 AM »
Wow that's a big ole Rainbow did you get any pictures? Great report, your making me want to fish that area more. 

Thanks!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »
Thanks for the report. Like Mike, would love to see a picture if you got one.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »
Hey guys,I'm new to the site and do not know how to up load pics.I changed my photo of myself to the big bow I caught yesterday.....short sleeves in february,got to love tennessee weather....
Dave   

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »
Nice fish!!

Also-I really appreciate your posts on DHL. 

To load a pic on the site:

After you make your post, look just below the text box on the left. There is a link for Additional Options...

Click that and the window expands with more options.  Look for the Attach: with a little window next to it.  Click the Browse button to the right of the little blank window and it will let you select the photo you want to upload to your post.

The other way is to host your photo at a place like Photobucket.com and you can past the img code in your post.

Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
Dave   

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »

Again, nice fish and thanks for taking the time to join this board and participate. That's what makes this place run!
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 09:17:53 AM »
Now that's a Rainbow Trout.  :o

I assume you have looked at the stomach contents before? If so I'd be very intrested to know what the diet mainly consist of and if there were alot of or any aquatic insects in there.

Nice Catch man! 
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 09:42:43 AM »
Very nice!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

fishfindergeneral

• www.trolldhl.com
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
Now that's a Rainbow Trout.  :o

I assume you have looked at the stomach contents before? If so I'd be very intrested to know what the diet mainly consist of and if there were alot of or any aquatic insects in there.

Nice Catch man! 
Always Mike,you've got match the hatch.Their diet is mostly shad of various sizes depending on the time of year.Some times I've found mussels,but not often.One year when the japanese beetles swarmed the lake and killed all the white pines,the trout were few and far between and when I gutted them they were so full of them I was surprised they ate shad....Dave
Dave