Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Steam plant report 3-3-09  (Read 4425 times)

Gary

Steam plant report 3-3-09
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
Great day to be on the water.  Could have been a little warmer.  Cuaght some skipjacks and a few little bass.  Something seemed a bit off, maybe it was me.  It was a lilttle weird, there was a total of three boat in the whole area.  Now, that's my kind of fishing.  Clousers were my ticket to the fish today.  Hope you all get out soon.

Go catch a fish,

Gary

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Steam plant report 3-3-09
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 07:49:26 AM »
When I left Nashville yesterday we flew over the steam plant. They were pumping it (big plumes of steam).

Glad to hear you had a nice day out. I have those weird feelings too sometimes, unless I can diagnose, I just chalk it up to myself.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:59:04 PM »
I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that the Steam Plant is always "generating" unless they are under maintenance.  Whether or not you see the big plumes of steam has more to do with weather conditions than with operation of the plant.

bd

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:05:55 PM »
Fished the steam plant more then a few times over the past couple of weeks and the boat traffic seams to be down from last year.  You see the same faces:  BRF@ and Net Master, and Mr Hamilton besides that a couple of boaters that pass by and say that havent caught anything.  Tough, fishing I tell you.

Icthus
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

DriftWooD1

• FishHead
  • "Why I Am"
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »
i seen one of those guys fishing with one of them Sumo net masters.....

kaisersoze

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 05:21:53 PM »
You must have good net skills to fish the steam plant.  I always practice my skills in the backyard the night before, tie up a bunch of soft hackles, and then fill up with a Toddle House at the awful waffle the day of.  It also helps to be running late so your "pals" will  already have the boat ready fer ya. :o
Who is John Galt?

DriftWooD1

• FishHead
  • "Why I Am"
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 09:43:25 PM »
I fished the steam Plant today and caught a couple .....

I would have caught alot more if it wasn't for the ass in the camo jet boat......blowin water everywhere...

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »
wasn't me, I've got a boatless motor :D

kaisersoze

• FishHead
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »
Yeah that jet boat almost swamped me the other day out there when I was in my float tube. >:(.  It's almost time for crappies and yellowbellies!  Pal!
Who is John Galt?

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »
That dude in the camo boat is a a$$.  I heard him yellin at one of his "pals" for losing an anchor.  I tell you boat owners these days, they think they own the river/lakes and are becoming arrogant SOBS. 

David I am glad you are not in that crowd any more. 

Driftwood1, I did not know there were brooks up there.  Did KWRA start stocking those in the Cumby? 
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »
The brooks travel all the way down to the Steam Plant from the Caney.  They like the warm water.

bd

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 07:33:35 PM »
Craig you guys gettin any Yellowfin down there? With those Brookies all about I bet them Yellowfin are putting on the pounds.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

kaisersoze

• FishHead
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 09:06:43 PM »
Mike, I can't speak for Craig but I there have been a few Yellowfin caught here and there.  They should be starting to show themselves a little more with these warmer temps.  Just remember a stealthy approach and fly placement is critical.  Oh, and good net skills.  Call if you want to borrow a float tube, that jet boat might be too big for that area. :o
Who is John Galt?

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »
Kaisersoze is right the yellows are getting fat on the brookies.  Yellowfins are really moving, thinking about wrapping a 10 wt for them and a floaty fly, (red a green signature series).