Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Melton Hill March 7th  (Read 3155 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Melton Hill March 7th
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:11:46 PM »
My buddy John, (John M) on the board, took Crystal and I out on Saturday to explore some new water in his G3 prop tunnel hull skiff.  We searched a bit below the dam, then hit Bull Run steam plant without much luck.  Knowing about their healthy stripers and stocked musky , we eagerly tossed oversized plugs searching for  a possible hookups.  A few other boats had fisherman casting 7" plugs with the same thing on their minds. 
Fearing getting skunked, we switched over to small shad raps and started catching a few small bass.  On a nice log filled bank, Johns rod took off after setting into what he thought was the bottom.  As the fish pulled deep, I got the net, preparing for a striper....and up from the depths came this toothy critter!  What a blast having an encounter with such a neat fish.  I plan on targeting these demon fish once I get the right setup.

Good luck to all in this upcoming Spring season.

Travis

Looper Flies

Re: Melton Hill March 7th
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
neat
Fish on!

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:51:26 PM »
Frikin Awesome.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Looper Flies

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:03:14 AM »
i hear the fishing is bitchin' out that way. ;D
Fish on!

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:44:10 AM »
Sweet hookup!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum