Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Got my Christmas present early!  (Read 1423 times)

Gary

Got my Christmas present early!
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:42 PM »
No, not a new fly rod, reel, flytying vise or waders.  My 10 yr old daughter asked me for the second day in a row to tie flies.  She hasn't really shown a lot of interest in it untill this week.  Now I've got someone to tie flies with (hopefully).  She ties a mean bluegill bunny.  Bad news is I need a bigger tying desk.  Maybe in a few years my six year old boy will follow suit.....but he and I both are not ready for that yet. 

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
Re: Got my Christmas present early!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:22:10 AM »
That's pretty cool Gary.  I like those father/daughter/son stories you guys get to tell about finding new common interests with your young ones. Band, fishing, flies etc...

Never fathered any children myself but I hope to get some of those experiences with the step-grandchildren.

Warms my heart.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."