Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Drawing Flies 365 Book Auction Here, Now-Bid!  (Read 562 times)

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
Drawing Flies 365 Book Auction Here, Now-Bid!
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:39:17 AM »
I forgot to sell two things at the event the other day. One of them is a book from Jeff Kennedy, the artist behind http://drawingflies365.blogspot.com/

I have followed Jeff's work since he started this blog. In fact, I have the very first painting he did for the blog. I bought a dozen or so of them and I have ordered a copy of his book.

Here is what Jeff says about the book: "The first project is the publication of the Drawing Flies 365 book. About a quarter of the way through this project, I started to think about the possibilities of such a book. My plans are to have this book available for an end of January release. The book will include most of the flies created along with my thoughts that occurred during the creation of the paintings. Please email me if you are interested in purchasing the book. The book will be a high quality coffee table style hardbound book. The estimated cost will be around $79 each book. For the first 15 people that pre purchase the book, I will sign and number each book. I will also include a print with your book. Click this link to make a $20 pre purchase to reserve your book. Your $20 dollars deposit will be subtracted from the purchase price one the book is available."

I have ordered mine. They aren't published yet. His January date got pushed way back because his business really took off when the economy took a nose dive. Evidently there becomes a greater demand for graphic artists when companies are desperately trying every advertising media they can to boost sales.

Thought I'd try to auction this book off here, via a post, and send the money with the rest of our event money.  Look through his blog, and if you'd like to bid, just enter a bid here in this thread!

I'll start the bidding at $25.00.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."