Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Montana  (Read 1564 times)

wil2hike

• Calvary Outfitters
Montana
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:05:25 AM »
Hey guys.  I making the Pilgrimage to Montana the last week of July.  I'll be staying about 16 miles from Bozeman.  Don't know what rivers yet - pretty open.  I would really appreciate any info you could share on fly selection, waters and guides.  Thanks

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Montana
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
Paging RonS, RonS, please come to the Out of State Fishing counter.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »
Ron will be along shortly I'm sure. Good luck and take some pics so we can be jealous.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »
I'm on it boys.

I don't get to Bozeman very often but I've got people, that know people, that know Bozangeles.

We'll get him fixed up with more info than he ever wanted. I can tell you, we fished the upper Madison the other day. Lot's of small rainbows on little gray drakes, bigger bows and browns on streamers.  That was below Yellowstone and above Ennis.  Not guide trip, just a fun day.

I'll get you hooked up with best current fishing reports etc so you can track hatches and flows.

I'll be bach.
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:03:16 PM »
OK, here you go. 

http://davemckeeflyfishing.com/test.htm

My outfitter and buddy, Joel, says this is the man in Bozeman.  Innovative fly tier that has several patterns sold to or distributed by Umpqua. He is sometimes a guide school instructor and he is a great guy.  Joel says, "Ron, your buddy will not be disappointed."

So there ya go. Get in touch with Dave, tell him Joel Thompson sent you, and have a blast!!
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."

wil2hike

• Calvary Outfitters
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »
Ron - thanks man.  (I'm the guy traveling with Blake).  We' re on it.