Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: The Clinch.  (Read 4433 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
The Clinch.
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »
I don't fish it near enough!!!
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

toddro

• FishHead
Re: The Clinch.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:52:45 AM »
I've never been, would love to see it!
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

troutwag

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 11:04:48 PM »
Mike,
This is my first time on your site, have seen some pics on Zach's site.  You all fish the Caney and the Cumberland mostly.  Some awesome browns by they way!   What about the Musky, from the Plateau....... Dale Hollow? 
You guys are definately on to the big browns, most impressive!
I hiked some trails over by the Clinch today with my father-in-law.  The Clinch was blowin and goin.   
Best,

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 07:27:08 AM »
Welcome to the site! I mostly fish the Cumberland and Caney but I'll go anywhere for a fishin fix.

There is Musky in Dale Hollow but man that's an intimidating lake. What I want to do is learn to catch the Smallmouth on DH with a float-n-fly on a fly rod. I’ve also wondered about a steelhead run up the Obey??

How are the trails by the clinch? Is there river access from these trails? That sounds like a blast is so. Do keep us posted on the Clinch River.

Mike
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

troutwag

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 09:25:13 PM »
I fished the Clinch last Sunday for the first time in quite a while.  Only fished about 2 1/2 hours.  I am out of shape for the 6x fishing.  I can say the fishing was pretty based on what others said.  I popped off three fish on the hook set and managed to land one fish and it was a pretty ~ 15" male, full spawning colors.  I fished above the weir dam, just below the steps at what is called the canoe launch.   Fished a tandem; zebra midge and rusty bh midge.  Kept losing the bottom fly.  I heard that Miller's Island was fishing better (may have been the fisherman!)
They just have not turned it off much lately and I actually fish the park or over on Snowbird Creek in Robbinsville, NC mostly. 
There are trails all along the TVA access below the dam for about 1.5 miles, maybe more, and then about a mile of access if you park at the jail on Hwy 61 and walk in from there.    Another spot it the Millers Island access and the fishing can be pretty good there, mostly midges or small bh pheasant tails, scuds.  The flat water above Miller's can be good as well and often noone is fishing there (midges).  There is also a church being built which I understand has parking which will cut the walk (to the shoals upriver).   I bet most of the fish are upriver right now trying to spawn.
Any specific questions; I will try to answer and will refer others to your site.
Best,