Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Wyoming/Montana Part 4  (Read 1649 times)

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Wyoming/Montana Part 4
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:39:58 AM »
Rock Creek Cattle Company Flyshop

Ron and I had Buffalo Prime Rib Breakfast Burrito, done up by an executive chef, good vittles

the lodge, flyshop is in the left of the building

work out center

cabins for overflow of visitors that own homes on the ranch

bedroom in cabin

looking off back deck

golf club house

riding out to shoot sporting clays

one of the smaller homes, only $1.8 million

Ron showing us the way up the creek back to our 4 wheelers

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Wyoming/Montana Part 4
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:38:33 PM »
Very nice digs. I could live there.  ;)
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 12:40:37 PM »
you better have deep pockets ;) cost you six figures just for tresspass fees per year.

Racer X

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
Good stuff, David!  :)

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »
David this has been the highlight of my day. Thanks for the detailed reports a pics. Ron and Joel are top notch folks no doubt.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »
I'm thankful I was blessed to travel there and have a friend as Ron to share it with us, glad we could share it with the board by posting these pictures.

RonS

• My Blackfoot name is "Dances Without Fish"
  • FishHead
  • Hair today, gone tomorrow.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
I've had the good fortune of having many fine visitors this summer. JayA and family, Tom and David, many members of my family as well.  I just don't get to spend much time with them during the season.  When it is on in the summer, it is on. 

I was fortunate to have had a little time while David and Tom were here. Got to show them around the ranch a little and shoot a little and point them toward the stream.  Good times.

I hope, if I am blessed to do this again next year, that more of you will make the journey to come spend some time in this part of the country.

I was just talking to my wife.  Though I'll be glad to get back to TN and see everyone, I am also a little sad to see the season ending.  I figure I have another 6 or 8 weeks, tops. 

Nice post David.  Thanks!!
Yesterday, I was at the bottom. I was at the bottom of a valley, in the river. Then my eyes hiked up the mountains to the snow capped peaks. I thought, "When I am at this lowest place I can be, standing in a river, everything is looking up."