Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Smoky Mtns  (Read 2340 times)

DavyWotton

Smoky Mtns
« on: December 12, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »

I had intended to go west to the San Juan but due to the ice and snow chose to go to the Smokies.
Been a few years since l fished out that way.  I do so like those Mtn streams with the fast water pockets.

Stayed in Gatlinburg, fished both the Pidgeon on the way down from the NC state line and also the Little river system.

Fishign was up and down due to weather temps at that time but caught some real good fish in the upper levels of the Pidgeon.

Many of the Bows in the Little River no doubt were stock fish that l woudl assume have moved up stream from below the park zones. Some of those Bows were in the 15 to 16 ins range.

Fished both nymph and wet fly techniques.

May get back there again this spring.

I would be interested to know how the natural populations of Brook trout is there these days.

Davy.

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Smoky Mtns
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:54:41 AM »
The brookies are thriving, they've opened up a lot of streams that have been closed for years & even put a creel limit on them, i don't agree totally with that, they must be in good shape though.
I normally head to the Tellico area, it's a National Forset area, primitive, no bright lights, unless you count the stars, no people except outdooreman, hunters & the occasional tree hugger, heck there isn't even a flyshop nearby anymore.
There are plenty of brookie streams, primitive camping & the occasional logging truck >:(
The Smokies are beautiful once you get past the tinsel, there isn't any tinsel to pass in the Tellico area.

Grumpy