Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Places that Work on Gheenoes  (Read 2756 times)

bd

• Global Moderator
Places that Work on Gheenoes
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »
I'm going to have a new trolling motor installed on my Gheenoe.  I just flat don't have any free time to do it myself.  I want the work done right and I want it to look good - I've seen too many jobs on Gheenoes and Riverhawks done by people who aren't used to working on them, and it can look a little jerry-rigged.

It looks like there are two "official" places in Middle Tennessee that sell Gheenoes and work on them.  One is the Boat Locker on Antioch Pike in Nashville, and the other is Tennessee Trout Bum down in Lynchburg.

I've seen work done by Tennessee Trout Bum and it looks great.  However, it's a loooong drive from Hendersonville.

Can anyone vouch for the work done at the Boat Locker?

bd

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Places that Work on Gheenoes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:46:56 AM »
BD it isn't that hard to do it yourself. Bring it by my place and I can do it for you for a small fee. How does $400 an hour sound  ;D. Just kiddin, bring it over this weekend and we'll put it on.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »
It's not the difficulty of doing it, it's that I'd rather be fishing!  :)

I'll give you a call tomorrow - it might be spring creek time.

bd

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »
BD,

did you get your work done, if not, I'd be glad to help you out, I could even meet you up that way and pull it my way.

DD