Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Duck Access question  (Read 3880 times)

DSchlact

Duck Access question
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:16:21 AM »
I've been curious for some time now about small boat access on the Duck.  I have a Gheenoe and would really like to float some sections closer to the dam.  It seems that there are plenty of access points further away from the dam, but was curious if anyone had any advice?  Looking at Goooooooogle maps it seems there might be a small ramp right below the Dam, but this isn't listed as a boat or canoe access point on the TWRA maps.  It has been years since I have been to the Dam and can't really remember what the access is like...does anyone know?

Thanks,
Dave

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
Re: Duck Access question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:13:35 PM »
My recommendation would be to float it in a canoe first. Always a good idea.  Darnell and I ha e been talking about a float on.the Duck. Will let you know.
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »
Years ago, I launched a small jon below Corner's Mill. Just drove down and intto the water, I am not sure if you can drive close to the water these days.

I am not aware of any other ramps above Shelbyville, you might want to check here though:
http://www.tn.gov/twra/gis/DuckRiver.html

oldmanelrod

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 03:41:55 PM »
Lived in the area for about 10 yrs and used to fish the Duck a lot. Unless things have changed you can put in at Normandy Dam (you may have carry boat/canoe down to the water),at the road bridge that runs from the City of Normany to the Dam, Dement Bridge or Three Forks bridge. Not sure if you can still access the river at Courtner's Mill. If you can it is a good place to put in. Once you get below where the Garrison Creek enters the Duck (about 1/2 mile below Three Forks Bridge) the water gets to warm for trout in the summer. Be carefull if you wade. There are some places there where you can sink into the mud up to your knees in a heart beat.