Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Middle TN day hikes  (Read 2962 times)

masonvol42

Middle TN day hikes
« on: December 14, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »
I am a TN native that has been stuck in school up in Maryland for the past four years. I get to come home for Christmas this year, and am looking for some nice spots to do some day hiking within driving distance of Nashville. In high school I would go to the eastern part of the state, but I think momma is gonna want me to stay a little closer to home this break. Thanks for the insight.

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Middle TN day hikes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »
Stone Door, Greeter Falls loop, with emphasis on Greeter Falls.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »
Fiery Gizzard, Fall Creek Falls, Cedars of Lebanon, Land Between The Lakes, Montgomery Bell.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Travis C.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »
When I checked your profile to see where you're at... I noticed your email address.

Did you play in the game this weekend? They had Tuani on the radio Friday.

Thank you for your dedication and service.

masonvol42

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
When I checked your profile to see where you're at... I noticed your email address.

Did you play in the game this weekend? They had Tuani on the radio Friday.

Thank you for your dedication and service.

I did! Tuani and I went to highschool together as well. It was a great way to finish off our football careers.

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »
If you're pressed for time or don't want to drive far don't forget the many Greenway Trails that have sprung up all around the mid-state area.

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
Also, check out Beaman Park just North of downtown Nashville(6 mile loop)and my favorite hike near Nashville is the Millenium Trail loop at Edgar Evans State Park it is a 8 mile walk out to a wind swept point on Center Hill. Lots to see and tons of fossils.
Firey Gizzard is amazing as well, just a bit farther than the first two locations.

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 09:52:43 AM »
add Virgin Falls to the list.

Travis C.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 10:21:10 AM »
I did! Tuani and I went to highschool together as well. It was a great way to finish off our football careers.

How long do you have to put in for your deployment or do they give you a choice? What will you be doing?

masonvol42

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
So I graduate in May. I have been selected to serve in the Marine Corps, so I will be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant upon graduation. I have about 6-12 months of training in-country before I get deployed.  Everyone has a 5 year commitment upon being commissioned unless you fly, then it is closer to 9 or ten years.

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 06:46:18 AM »
Thank you for your service!! Once a Marine, always a Marine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum