Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: A I sane for fishing with a dude that carries Bolt Cutters  (Read 1964 times)

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
A I sane for fishing with a dude that carries Bolt Cutters
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »
in case he hooks me so he can cut the hook and keep on fishing, if I don't bleed out, then will get first aid after he's finished throwing chickens  :o

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: A I sane for fishing with a dude that carries Bolt Cutters
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:24:06 AM »
I don't think you have ever been sane. Now you are just being smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »
in case he hooks me so he can cut the hook and keep on fishing, if I don't bleed out, then will get first aid after he's finished throwing chickens  :o

Yeah, i heard the wind from a couple chickens wiz by and thought some really good cutters would be a good idea!! These cut a 6/0 hook like buttter!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:52 AM »
Knipex cutters are worth their weight in gold.  A MUST-HAVE if you're gonna catch muskies.  These have saved me 3 times already.
1) 4/0 600 SP curled through my index finger by an angry fish...they saved me a trip to the ER.

2) They saved a frantic Jazzi from a 6/0 treble ear piercing...and me from getting hooked by her.

3) They helped me free a muskie with its teeth and mandible hopelessly wrapped in the mesh of my net.