Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Cork Sealer  (Read 1487 times)

TimM

• FishHead
Cork Sealer
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:43 AM »

I applied a coat of cork seal to the rod I'm just finishing up and the finish doesn't appear to be even nowthat it's dried. Some areas of the cork now have a much glossier surface finish than others. I assume this is because I didn't apply the coat evenly??? Anyway, on the bottle it says one coat is all you can apply as the second won't penetrate the first. However, I'm wondering if the areas on this handle with lower gloss don't have good coverage and whether or not this means I could in fact get away with a second coat and if that would even out the gloss levels on the handle?

TIA

Tim

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Cork Sealer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
I have done it with CS before I don't think you'll have an issue. The area that needs it will absorb it and the rest will just sit on top is the cork. Or run down to where you can dab it off with a cloth. 
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956