Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: The Storm That Wasn't- A TR  (Read 1651 times)

Aquaholic

• FishHead
The Storm That Wasn't- A TR
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
My wife and I headed down to SC last Thursday dragging the boat.  We fished with a buddy of mine around Parris Island over Memorial Day weekend.  Seemed sort of fitting we were getting together with him on that weekend and fishing that particular place.  It had been way too long since we all had fished together. 

The weather nerds were sayin' Beryl was bearing down on us and I figured it would limit some of our time on the water during the week.  Sunday, my wife and I drove north a couple of hours for the remainder of the week.  Afternoon tides were good, I was in a place I had never visited before and the weather nerds had it all wrong.

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: The Storm That Wasn't- A TR
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
Outstanding! Great shots, I enjoyed the fly and fish shots alot.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »
Pretty reds... and what was the shark, a little sharpnose? That had to be fun!

TheYiman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 02:47:19 PM »
Nice pictures!  Thanks for the TR.

Aquaholic

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »
Pretty reds... and what was the shark, a little sharpnose? That had to be fun!

It was a big Bonnethead.  The picture doesn't do it justice.... 

She had a Puglisi type baitfish pattern on that I'd tied for reds when we saw 3-4 Bonnets tailing/chasing/doing their thing.  The leader broke as I was trying to tail the shark and I wasn't going to risk too much skin for pic.