Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Elk 16 June 12 fish report and new plant spoted.  (Read 1126 times)

oldmanelrod

Elk 16 June 12 fish report and new plant spoted.
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
Fished from Hurdlow to Old Ford 16 June 12. Water temps higher than norm for this time of the year.  Water level down- at late August/Early Sept levels. Water clarity off for this time of the year. Since it has not rained it must be due to the algee in the water.
Fishing was slow. What I caught had color of hold over fisk. The fish did seem to be healthy, only fewer andfather between.
Also noticed new -at least to me- watter lilly. It looks like green leafs of cattails but does not have a cattail. It has a white lilly looking flower instead. It looks much like lillys that you see onthe Cahaba River in central Alabama. I have been fishing the Elk since '83 and had never seen it before. Any every notice this lilly before?