Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: VA bound!!!  (Read 3882 times)

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
VA bound!!!
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »
Headed up for a week of New river Fishing, and highs in the eighties!! :-)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Re: VA bound!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 02:30:21 PM »
You better listen to your elders, I told you it is closed.

TheYiman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »
Have a blast, Eric!  Can't wait to hear about it.

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
I hope you have a blast.  Give me a shout sometime, and I'll try to steer you as best I can to some good jetable water.  There's so much river it gets tough to choose where.  Midday should be great for tubing, swimming, and ropeswings.  The musky usually start hitting good around 3:30.
I should be up that way again in  a couple weeks.  Have fun.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
 A Do- OVER!!!! Yeah, thats what i need!!! We left Huntsville Sat after work, and drove to Bristol and checked in to the Marriott, had to sneak the dog in, and try to keep him quiet all night, there was a party going on next door and Bama was on high alert, we barely got any sleep, but thats ok we can take a nap when we get there........................ Wrong!!!! about 5 miles from the cammp ground Jen hopped on to the shoulder of the road and hit a hole, which broke the hub on the boat trailer, we limped into the camp ground at 5 mph, only to find that the recent storms had knocked the power out to a few hundred thousand people!!! No electricity or water until around 6pm, thats ok we can go find a hub get it put on and still be on the water for the evening bite!!! WRONG AGAIN!!!! after driving to a few places it bacame clear it would be Monday mornimg before a hub could be found. so we went fishing for a  bit, water was stained from all the rain the days before so no luck, we got back to the campground around 8pm and guess what!?!?!?!................................................Still No power!!! but we were so tired we didn't even care!! we decided to inflate the air matresss we brought and sleep on the screened porch....... AHHH sleep at last!!................... WRONG AGAIN!! it started to storm and the wind blew rain straight through the screen and soaked us!!!! so we moved inside to the bedroom, well the windows had been open in there also..... yep bed was wet in there too!! after we got the sheets changed and got back to sleep the bed came crashing down, they had just changed out the beds and cut the slats to short for the frame!!!! well we got the bed put back together and got a little bit of sleep. in the morning i left Jen and Bama sleeping and went in search of a hub, after a couple places i was heading to another and not paying attention to the speed limit signs.......Yep how bout a ticket to start the day off!! well i finally found the hub and got back to the campground..................Guess What.................................. STILL NO POWER OR WATER!! so i put the new hub on and we went swiming in the river for a while, then went fishing for a bit water was even more stained from the rain the night before! so we gave that up. they came and fixed the bed and promised us water to showser at least if no power, the water came on in spurts that night you coulsd tell when it would come on by the horrific smell that would permiate the trailer! we got up this morning and decided we'd had all the fun we could stand and packed it in!!! Laying in my tempurpedic  with the air blowing cold and thinking...Golf......... maybe it's time to try a new four letter word!!!!!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

jarrod white

• Jdub
  • Global Moderator
  • "I live because I fish, I work because I have to."
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »
Dude sorry about the luck !
I just don't care!

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 10:45:15 PM »
I been trying to tell you them MUSKY are going to kill you.

Better stick to dink trout and smallies or you will have to take up knitting in a rocker, if you keep on with those worn out bones.

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
Dude,
We'll have to work out a consolation trip to redeem your bad luck.  Hope your boat gets fixed/replaced, and you're floating in musky-filled CLEAR, non-eggy waters real soon.  My luck at work lately has been similar to your trip.  Better things will come.

TW

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 12:24:54 PM »
Sounds like my last trip! Glad you made it back alive.....

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
Sorry dude. It really sucks that SW VA didn't treat you better, but that was one heck of a storm. We had all sorts of trees down, and a couple of my students decided to camp on one of the adjacent ridges that night. They had a miserable time but made it back safe and sound. The station here has been on generators for almost a week. The internet is finally back on, at least for a while; weird typing while getting serenaded by croaking bullfrogs to the hum of a 6500W generator. I'm really looking forward to a hot shower... latest estimate from App Power is Friday. Whee...

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
Man that is a rough trip. Hope you can schedule a make up trip real soon.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 12:28:07 PM »
That's a long drive to have such a shitty trip. Holler at me at we'll head to musky water a little closer to home.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

oldmanelrod

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »
Eric,
looks like VA is trying to tell you something. Tuff luck. Better luck next time!