Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Fall Creek Falls?  (Read 7421 times)

Travis C.

Fall Creek Falls?
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:47:22 PM »
Looks like we'll be taking the little ones there for family camping this year.

I know the lake has fish but more interested in the creeks in the park. I believe one is Cane Creek and the other is Piney Creek.

Are they any count to bring a rod?

Thanks.

Curtis Martin

Re: Fall Creek Falls?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »
We will be there in October for a 3 day rock climbing workshop. I have hiked many of their trails, but the only fishing I have ever seen going on was in the lake.

Travis C.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Thanks guys.

I may take one just to flip around some. We'll be up there first weekend in October.

By the way Curtis since we talking fishing. I will be over your way for the first weekend in November for the whole weekend again this year.  ;) Maybe we can wet a line that weekend?

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »
Cane Creek above the Nature Center has some fishable water for green sunfish, bluegill, and stunted largemouth. The best access for this is at the old swimming hole down hill from the Nature Center.
At the base of the cable trail there are  fishable creek holes.
HWY 284 crosses over the creek near the maintenance building toward Archie Rhinehart PKWY. Probably the best place to go to avoid the crowds.
A 4wt would be perfect. Smalll wooley buggers and larger wet flies would work.
Water will probably be extremely low in October.

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 06:55:47 AM »
I love that area at the base of the Cable Trail.  You can rock-hop your way quite a ways downstream and have a blast hitting holes down there with a small fly rod...
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

Travis C.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys.

The camping gods had another plan for us apparently. We loaded up the car (2hrs) then packed a 2 & 4 year old in and headed to the park at noon Friday. We arrived at the park by 3pm and the whole thing was full. Next we decided to try Rock Island and it was stinking full. By this time it was around 5-6pm and the two little ones were hungry/been in the car a long time. Grabbed a McD's in I think Sparta before hitting 40 heading to either Bledsoe Creek or Cedars of Lebanon. Looked up Cedars and there was a VA reunion so Bledsoe it was. We finally pulled in around 830pm or so at an open spot in Bledsoe Creek State Park. I set up the tent, everyone laid down after a long exhausting day in the car and around 1am the rain came. Temps dropped to down right cold for little ones and our flipping tent leaked. I packed the girls back in the car at 3am, threw the tent away and came home.

All in all we drove a tank of gas to camp for a few hours maybe 20 miles from my house.  :-\

Our family camping trip was not up to expectations but we made sure to fill the rest of the weekend up for them of fun stuff. Me and mommy are whooped... time for booze/hot tub then bed.

MidTNKayakAngler

• Kayak Fishing Aficionado
    • Kayak Fishing Unleashed
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Sounds like quite the adventure, hopefully next time will work out better.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »
better luck next time Travis!!! it will all be a funny story around the campfire one day!!! ;)
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Travis C.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 07:09:54 PM »
I am sure one day it will make for a fun remember when story.