Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Steam Plant  (Read 2824 times)

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Steam Plant
« on: December 31, 2012, 07:57:23 AM »
Met Glenn for breakfast & we took our time letting the sun get on up & warm to a balmy 29 degrees before we headed to the steam plant.
Launched & headed to the channel, anchored & staeted fishing, it wasn't back to back hit's, enough to keep you gong at it.
We caught skippies, yellow bass, striper, a walleye & Glenn caught a buffalo. Moved on usstream after it slowed a little & got into some more skippie's, another walleye & a pod of smaller stripers.
Bringing in one fish, i kneeled down on the front deck to retrieve it, i heard a OMG, OMG from Glenn, lookup out of the corner of my eye & damn, here's a herron within 2' of me, wings spread, mouth open, feet & legs everywhere going after my fish, i stood up saying some nice words & i don't know how the blame bird missed the boat, fish or me, it did & we both just sat there laughing our butt's off.
A little bit later, we hear some more nice words & the herron had tried to get a fish from the fellow in the boat above us, more laughs for the day.
Had a blast Glenn.

Grumpy

Travis C.

Re: Steam Plant
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 11:43:30 AM »
That sounds like fun.

A lot more fun than putting up christmas decor and closing the truck door on your finger.  :-\

MN Fishing Bum

Steam Plant
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:44:26 PM »
I was there this Past Saturday and it was slow.   White bass and several skipjack.  Very little surface activity. 

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Steam Plant
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 11:48:55 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum