Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Lagunitas Sucks (don't let the name fool you)  (Read 2945 times)

toddro

• FishHead
Lagunitas Sucks (don't let the name fool you)
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »
Lagunitas Sucks (don't let the name fool you) - this is a world class beer!  One of the best I have had in a long time.  The first beer to turn my head since the dry-hopped IPA at Blackstone in October.  This one is a winner, but it is only brewed in Jan & Feb and supply is short.  Once it is gone, it will be impossible to find until next year.  Check it out - but hurry!  I went to their free tasting last night at The Bottle Shop in Franklin and I stocked up...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/74986/?sort=topr&start=0
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Lagunitas Sucks (don't let the name fool you)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:17:13 PM »
Hmmm, I want to try that right now.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Aquaholic

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
Lagunitas IS a good beer.  Drank it for several days in UT skiing a few weeks ago and then happily found it on tap at the gas station by house.  Drinking it one growler at a time....

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 08:20:03 PM »
I'm a HOP head, found nothing from Oregon that I can't drink, most of the southern Cal stuff I've tried don't make it for me. But in live we all have different "taste"
On the recommendation of a lad working in store to the right of Academy in Cool Springs, I got a 6 pack of Lagunitas that was supposed to be the bomb for my hop head, I tried to drink one, literally poured out the other 5, my Boykin wouldn't touch it. I'll try to get the name of it next time I'm in there.

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
I'm a HOP head, found nothing from Oregon that I can't drink, most of the southern Cal stuff I've tried don't make it for me. But in live we all have different "taste"
On the recommendation of a lad working in store to the right of Academy in Cool Springs, I got a 6 pack of Lagunitas that was supposed to be the bomb for my hop head, I tried to drink one, literally poured out the other 5, my Boykin wouldn't touch it. I'll try to get the name of it next time I'm in there.

Weird - They did a tasting at The Bottle Shop in Franklin and I tried all of their beers.  There were 2 I did not care for, a Copper Ale and a Wheat Beer, but I thought all the others were solid.  These are all their high gravity beers from a liquor store, not what you buy in the beer store.  But even there Lagunitas IPA "grocery store" beer, which is the same beer they have on tap in restaurants, is really good I think.  Maybe you got a bad batch or a bottle that had been compromised with a bad cap or something.

Have you had the Blackstone "Adam Bomb" high-gravity IPA?  That one is solid too...

I have a friend in Delaware right now, so I have a few cases of Dogfish Head 60 & 90 along with several "tall bottles" of the cask-conditioned 75 on the way in  ;)
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

MikefromMO

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »
I just picked up a six pack of the "censored rich copper ale" and it's pretty darn good. Think it's got a decent hops flavor. Pretty refreshing after a long day of work and gettin ready for 8" of snow up here in Kansas City  :o

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »
Lagunitas continue to impress me with their offerings.  Killer IPA and their High Grav beers are top-notch.  Wish they had more varieties on tap in our market, but they seem to be making a big push into Nashville, so hopefully that will happen.  They are sponsoring a lot music-industry events and such.