Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Bourbon  (Read 3118 times)

Bfish

• FishHead
Bourbon
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
I like bourbon.  I also liked this article on mash bill (and end flavor).  It has helped me better pair "my taste of the day" with a more appropriate bourbon:

http://www.whiskeyprof.com/theres-only-3-general-bourbon-recipes-yall/

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bourbon
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:31:23 PM »
Thanks for the read, I am a bourbon fiend.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Bfish

• FishHead
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:16 PM »
Here is another one that mentions a few for the anti-nipper crowd ( :D).  2 of the 4 I regular use in my manhattans, the other 2 will be sampled soon:

http://digital.copcomm.com/i/86618/26

I had to download the complete pdf to make the font large enough to read.

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 09:33:57 PM »
Am I the only guy who went to the Fly South bourbon tasting tonight, only to find out that the Fly South bourbon tasting was LAST night???  Dammit...  Entered it into my calendar on the wrong day...  :(
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 07:39:14 AM »
FS is an hour+ drive for me so I just don't get up there as often as I'd like. I would have loved to go to that but the hour+ drive back with Bourbon breath would have been a bit tense.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 07:53:23 AM »
No forgot about it and ended up doing other things around the house and taking care of some errands.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 08:24:32 AM »
I missed this one to Todd.

DSchlact

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »
Our church men's group had a bourbon tasting not too long ago (yes I love my church!)...anyway.  The guy who did the tasting for us featured the Four Roses brand...I am admittedly not a huge bourbon drinker, but I thought it was pretty good stuff...worth a try if you are up for something new next time you get out to the liquor store.

Dave

toddro

• FishHead
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
Yeah, I enjoyed the FS Scotch tasting (Glenn and I had a great time!), and the bourbon tasting would have been fun too, but I went on the wrong night.  Ended up driving BACK up there today for a few supplies as I head out of town.
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead