Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Blake's BIG Blue!  (Read 1459 times)

rsimms

• Scenic City Fishing Charters
Blake's BIG Blue!
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:08:47 PM »
 Scenic City Fishing Charters started off the quasi-official 2007 Catfish Season in a BIG way today. Joey Arender and his son Blake came to Chattanooga from Murfreesboro, Tenn. It was a typical mid-April bite (especially considering our cool Spring). We didn't catch numbers, but we caught some quality. Blake was on fire this morning. He scored first with a 15 lb. fish on light tackle. Sadly Dad didn't get to do much but watch Blake catch fish for a while... of course like all good Dad's, Joey didn't mind. Finally Dad tagged a couple, including a great 22 lb. blue. It was looking like Blake was going to catch the numbers while Dad carried "big fish" honors. Blake was having none of that however. He hung in there through the slow times until the Shakespeare Ugly Stick bowed down hard. I knew it was going to be a quality fish, but I didn't realize how much quality until we saw color. Of course when the fish saw daylight the battle began anew. When all was said and done, Blake's big blue was 49 lbs. officially.. but if I'd caught it, I'd call it 50! The young man had "shore 'nuff braggin' rights" heading back home today. He also has a big target to shoot for from now on.