Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Detours  (Read 1861 times)

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
Detours
« on: August 17, 2013, 06:10:21 AM »
I had to run some errands yesterday, which involved a lot of driving, a quick stop by 3 Rivers (have I mentioned how lucky we are to have so many good fly shops within a couple hour drive?), and a wee bit of fishing up in the hills.

What seemed like "a bit out of the way" turned into a long, slow and winding detour, involving a Blount County deputy who took the time to find out exactly how fast I wasn't getting anywhere. Thanks, that was most helpful.

I was mighty glad to get feet in water, and things started looking up.

particularly the trout. The stimi that was too big last weekend was just the right size...

I moved upstream into a tornado-hit area, and the average size bumped up. Seems like the debris field has been keeping the rif raf out

…or maybe it was these guys? Hopped over a log and this cutie was ambushing mice on the other side. She crawled under the rock before I could get a decent photo.

All in all better than my last couple stops by the big river at home, which have been uniformly crappie... but still better than being at my desk.

Fred Mertz

• FishHead
Re: Detours
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »
Looks like a tough go around all those downed trees.
But, it paid off for you.
Nice crappie, too.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »
Careful Dave this place will suck you in, take all your money, beat you half to death, then spit you out back in your office on monday, dreaming of a way to come back.

Nice Copperhead BTW.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 10:26:25 AM »
Looks like some good times Dave. Watch out for those snakes.  :o
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

bee

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
I suspect you do know that the area where l reckon you were fishing is about the copperhead capital of the southern mountains. Especially this month. Not trying to dissuade you from going in there at all but just saying be very very mindful of everywhere you put your hands and feet. Beautiful streams back in the hinterlands of these mountains.