Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Cleaning inside of your boat  (Read 3650 times)

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
Cleaning inside of your boat
« on: September 18, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »
I want to give my boat a good cleaning before I hit the road for 13 days on White River.

What do you suggest, good ole soap or chlorine or ?

DD

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
Re: Cleaning inside of your boat
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 04:53:44 PM »
Simple Green ;)

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
You can't beat bleach IMO. If you get stains on the outside gelcoat, FSR will remove them with wipe on wipe off ease. FSR on white gelcoat is the most amazing stuff I've ever used. I have no idea how it works so well. Some of these are stains you can't buff out, but this stuff makes them just disappear.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
Where do you get FSR ?

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »
I got mine at West Marine. I'll pick some up for ya next time I'm up there if you want.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

jladdsmith

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
I've never used FSR and I'm sure it's great if Mike says so, but:

LA's Totally Awesome Orange with Oxygen $1 at Dollar Tree stores is by far the best thing I've found to clean nearly everything. 

The original LA's Totally Awesome is nearly as good, but the orange version with oxygen seems to be better for everything I've used it on. 

This stuff is amazing and they're nearly giving it away at the Dollar Tree.  Plus while you're there you can get some Fred Mertz Zombie special fibers on the toy aisle.

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 10:28:37 PM »
I got mine at West Marine. I'll pick some up for ya next time I'm up there if you want.

I should be up that way Monday, will be my 3rd time in there looking for it, Rachel the manager didn't know what I was asking for either. Do you remember what part of the store, on the left wall ?

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
Its in the cleaning section. Amazon has it for sure.

TheYiman

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
Pine X for cleaning, 3M fiberglass wax after.  as good as it gets.