Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: wading boots  (Read 2895 times)

oldtimer

• "The mountains are calling and I must go."
wading boots
« on: September 23, 2013, 04:34:12 PM »
I was told today by a salesman that felt sole waders were banned in the Park streams.  Any truth in that?  I looked all over the GSMNP website and did not find such restrictions.  Hate to think I need a new pair of boots.

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: wading boots
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »
I haven't heard anything about it. Sounds like they are trying to get rid of some rubber bottom boots to me. Don't do it.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

oldtimer

• "The mountains are calling and I must go."
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:47:29 PM »
Thanks Mike!  I was thinking that was the case.  Nothing wrong with my boots, but my wife need a new pair before we head east next month.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »
Don't forget the studs.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 05:23:01 AM »
I'm with Mike on this. Heck, even out West and Alaska they are rethinking their original rulings.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

jladdsmith

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
x3 and don't use steel studs- I had some stainless zip screws and thought they would be better than aluminum but were way too hard!

David L. Darnell

• FishHead
  • Insane Trout Bum
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
Don't forget the studs.

I've tried all types of studs, some about got me kilt  :o

WET felt is what I rely on, be careful of stepping into the Smokies with dry felt, I have a damaged tail bone from 1985 on West Prong Little Pigeon, from stepping in on a flat rock with dry felt.