Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Is the Park going to close???  (Read 5198 times)

MikeA

• Administrator
Is the Park going to close???
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:45:58 AM »
If the Gov shuts down??? That will suck.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Curtis Martin

Re: Is the Park going to close???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »
Unfortunately, yes. Not just GSMNP, but all of them. The Dept. of Interior already has plans to shut down within 2 days. Guess I just lost my reservations to Elkmont :(

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:31:31 PM »
But 441 will have to stay open which keeps some streams open right????

Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 05:32:13 AM »
Shutdown announced overnight. Unfortunately, I don't believe so as no one will be there to monitor the park so I believe it will be shut down.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 06:57:34 AM »
441 is open visitor centers, trail heads, etc, are closed. Law enforcement will not be effected.

Curtis Martin

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
People are being evicted from Yellowstone all the way to Leconte Lodge. One issue I haven't seen much info on is Fish and Wildlife. Anybody got the scoop on the hatcheries and if they are still open? I heard some real nice fish got dumped in the Wass yesterday.

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
Sounds like they aren't going to allow parking anywhere in the park. So if you ever wondered who REALLY owns these places, not who pays for them, we know that already... There's your answer.

mnfisher

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:38:18 AM »
How long is this supposed to last?

dbradyh

• FishHead
  • bhaston
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
I think every elected official in Washington DC should be horse whipped in public for this mess.......

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »

Nobody knows.

mnfisher

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »
So I have never been out there and in 2 1/2 weeks, my parents have a place in Pigeon Forge for 5 days.  I am going out for the weekend.  How is this going to affect our trip?

JoelO

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »
So I have never been out there and in 2 1/2 weeks, my parents have a place in Pigeon Forge for 5 days.  I am going out for the weekend.  How is this going to affect our trip?

Well, if you were planning on spending your time at Dollywood, you're ok.  ;D

oldmanelrod

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 12:33:36 PM »

Nobody knows.

Better yet vote them all out of office.

countryflyfisher

• fishing water noone talks about
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:14 PM »
Latest News is this could last a couple of weeks. It is a shame especially this time of the year when so many operations depend on Tourist Money during this part of the season to make their year.
The more I fish the more I realize it isn t about the fishing.  The older I get the more I realize it is about the moments God has hand crafted just for me. 

countryflyfisher