Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Stuart, Naples, Tampa Bay  (Read 2591 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Stuart, Naples, Tampa Bay
« on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »
I placed this under a thread that it should not be under, do the fact someone else has a better report then I.  My father and I took our annual fishing trip, but this time we headed to the East coast.  In a few short words, the fishing was a disappointment.  I was warned when I booked the house on VRBO they had some brown algae and the inshore fishing was terrible.  I didn't think much of it, between the both of us we usually can figure it out and catch more them most.  Well, this is the first time in 5 years we had it handed to us.  I three days of fishing we landed 9 fish, 4 being snook and the rest jacks, lady fish, and look down fish.  We had a couple shots at tarpon, but there was so much bait in the bay, it was like throwing a hot dog in amongst steak.  We headed back a day early and fished Naples.  I was so tired by 2:30 I told my old man lets go, I'm tired of casting, casting and more casting. 

We made it back to Tampa around 5:30 and my Brother started me off on Corona and ended the night with some 15 year old scotch.  Well, that is what I needed I guess I called the old man the next day, and we were back at it 18 hours later.  All in all, I was reminded again how lucky I am to have my old man around.  I cant wait for the day to start taking Troutt with me. 

dinner time

[URL=http://s710.photobucket.com/user/eatmyfly/media/DSCN0878.jpg.html]

"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

MikeA

• Administrator
Re: Stuart, Naples, Tampa Bay
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »
Glad to hear you got to spend some time together. Your back in time for some good fishing. Just remember to fish behind the light spots.
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:47:16 AM »
Good stuff Pal. Time to go back to lighter tackle.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
LOL
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

jgray

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 05:18:15 PM »
Good stuff, man.  I can't wait to get back down there.

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:08:34 PM »
Good times with your dad....priceless!!!

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:43:54 PM »
Looks like a great trip Craig.  Your father sure can hold his own to keep up fishing with you.  Sorry the east coast didn't work out so well ( I've always struggled on the Stuart/ft Pierce flats).

You guys sure do have the Gulf flats dialed in.  Nice reds....betcha those fillets fried up nice!

Fred Mertz

• FishHead
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »
Just another lesson that it's not always about the fish, eh?
Glad you enjoyed the company of your family.
The ones you did catch look good.

:)

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
Pal, at least you didn't run out of gas.  ;D
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Jason DeBacker

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
Nice TR - you covered some ground on that trip!