Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Labor Day Campin'  (Read 1897 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Labor Day Campin'
« on: September 01, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »
Hit the high country near home with the girls for some tent camping with our friends' family at their camper site.  Lots of chilling and hanging with the young'uns...

Followed this pretty lady as she ran for 7 miles along the river...training for a December run.  Scoped out some nice spots to try this fall and winter once the water clears, and the 'skis get active.

Nice signs to see:

Lounging:

I managed to sneak off with the Badfisher to surf down a couple miles of nice rapids into some gorgeous, fishy water.  I spent a couple hours trying for Muskies without much luck in the heat of the day...but I know some of this water is worthwhile for a revisit later.

I finally gave in and tried for some brown bass, an soon tied into this nice smallie...MAN, did he fight.  This brute pulled the paddleboard a good haul over some rock ledges before I finally got him in.

It almost made me regret passing up all the other smallie holes chasing Muskies....almost.

Made my way downstream, and even managed to get a stranded tourist back to his raft with his family by towing him in the SUP.

Man, I love summer...but I can't wait for that cooler fall weather, though.

Hope you guys had a great Labor Day weekend.

gaspergou

• Global Moderator
Re: Labor Day Campin'
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
Looks like a nice way to spend the weekend, and some pretty water! Nice smallmouth, too!

The wife did a long SUP paddle on Saturday while I took care of a few chores at home. I sneaked out for a couple hours yesterday on that river we fished last time you were in town. Found an easier ramp, too. Flows were perfect, a storm cell came through, there should have been fish busting everywhere... zilch. 

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:21:05 AM »
Nice TR Travis and looks like a great weekend out with the family and on the water.

Did some good stuff around the house and prepping for an upcoming trip. I am ready for Fall as well.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:33:35 AM »
Thanks guys.  Dave, we'll have to redeem your trip and find those AWOL stripers.

Took a hike on Labor Day with the ladies and some friends.  Found some impressive brookie water and caught a couple salamanders. Love the Blue Ridge mountains.