Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Storm Dodging  (Read 1690 times)

TWiles

• DDS
  • FishHead
Storm Dodging
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:30 PM »
Fished with Jay this past weekend.  Drove all over the map from large tailwaters to alpine lakes as high as 3600ft.  We were rigged for stripers, smallies, trout, muskies...everything.  We were just on the verge of drifting into some large striper haunts after landing a fat rainbow when a good lightning show ran us back to the ramp just in time to dodge the chaos of heavy rain and scattered leaves.  We salvaged the evening after relocating and landing  two  topwater stripers from the bank.

The next day we explored some new promising water for smallies.  Our early AM start was interrupted by getting disoriented on small mountain roads with a boat trailer, renewing an out of state license and a failed attempt at a low water boat launch.  Had a few nice chances at some nice smallmouth and trout in the same water...just not the right timing.  Definitely a spot worth a revisit. 
On the drive home after lunch, we figured we'd try for a toothy fish, and Jay got a feisty strike just as another thundercloud was gusting in over a ridge.

Fall's coming.  Hope everyone gets out in the cooler weather.

Travis

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Storm Dodging
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:22:47 AM »
You gotta get some better fishing shoes instead of those beach shoes :o nice report.

Grumpy

Yoda

• Yoda
  • FishHead
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:26:09 AM »
Nice fish Travis and Jay!!  Man I sure would love to get into some striper like that!!
"Fish, or fish not...There is no Golf..."~Yda~

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:07:06 AM »
Very nice work.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 07:19:28 PM »
Travis,
Nice flops, hope to see you down here this summer wearing those jokers.  Jay, great talking to you last night.  Great report, I was fishing a flat two nights ago and a storm blew in, I looked around for you two, mike or Dave, but to my dismay it was me and mr 24" red.

Keep calm and PAL on
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"