Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Sunday night fishing  (Read 2036 times)

icthus

• FishHead
Sunday night fishing
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:59:11 PM »
Took the wife and kids out on, "PAL's only", and it was a hit.  The boy loves the water, and his sister thought she was riding a horse holding onto the rope on the front of the boat.  After a couple of ice-cream cones, and dinner, I dropped the kids and wife off and headed out to hit the lights.  A perfect day/night.  82 for the high, light wind, water is back up to 74 degrees and there was bait around the lights.  3rd light I get to, I see a red pushing hard around the oysters.  Second cast, he eats and I break him off.  12lbs test isn't good in those situations.  Move down the cove, catch 2 reds around 18" a fat trout, and couple of mangrove snapper.  These weather people are not as bad as Lisa Patten, but they are not great either.  Calling for no rain, and wouldn't you know the bottom falls out of the sky.  I make it back, but not without fighting hypothermia.  The temperature fell close to 73 degrees.

Have a great day,
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
Re: Sunday night fishing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 06:56:15 AM »
we're at 26, probably the high for today :(

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
we're at 26, probably the high for today :(

And the high was before sunrise.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Glenn Hawkins

• FishHead
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »
I want to go where it's sunny and warm.  Not sunny and 18 degrees above 0.