Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: Ansel Adams Act goes to Congress  (Read 2931 times)

toddro

• FishHead
Ansel Adams Act goes to Congress
« on: January 10, 2015, 12:53:57 PM »
http://petapixel.com/2015/01/07/ansel-adams-act-goes-congress-aims-restore-first-amendment-rights-photographers/

Introduced on January 2nd, 2015 by Republican US Representative Steve Stockman of Texas, the document discusses the disturbing trend in recent years of the US Government creating regulations that prohibit or restrict photography in places such as national parks and public spaces, and of subjects such as government buildings, police officers, and other government workers.

Even when these laws don’t exist, people “have been instructed to prohibit photography from public spaces, and threatened photographers with arrest or seizure of photographic equipment,” the bill says.

Stockman argues that this is a violation of “freedom of speech and of the press” against the principles of the First Amendment. “Still and motion photographs are speech,” he says. “It is contrary to the public policy of the United States to prohibit or restrict photography in public spaces, whether for private, news media, or commercial use.”

The bill’s solution is to make sure that photography in public spaces is not prohibited (the government would need a court order to do so), that the government will not charge photographers to shoot on public land, and that photographic equipment cannot be seized or tampered with.
"A passion for steelhead is a hard ride. It is all consuming. God help the woman, man, or child who hopes to compete for some small claim to the passion in the angler so stricken." Bill McMillan, Foreword- A Passion for Steelhead

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Ansel Adams Act goes to Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »
Sad that a bill like this has to be proposed but I am glad it is.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

MikeA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:03:20 AM »
I think the intention of the parks service is to prohibit professional photogs from using some parks as a shoot location without a permit.  I kinda understand that to a degree. Major shooting productions can be intrusive to regular visiters.
However a novice or hobbyist photog should never be questioned about his gear and what he's doing there IMO. 
Alas, all the evil of the twentieth century is possible everywhere on earth. Yet, I have not given up all hope that human beings and nations may be able, in spite of all, to learn from the experience of other people without having to go through it personally. The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

grumpy

• Global Moderator
    • ctflyfishingforum
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »
I think the intention of the parks service is to prohibit professional photogs from using some parks as a shoot location without a permit.  I kinda understand that to a degree. Major shooting productions can be intrusive to regular visiters.
However a novice or hobbyist photog should never be questioned about his gear and what he's doing there IMO.

Yes Sir.