Caney Fork Trout Fly Fishing - Caney Fork Trout Guide

TrophyFishingTN.Com
Videos

Striper, Trout, Smallmouth, and Musky, guide trips in the Nashville area. Our home waters are Cumberland and Caney Fork River and our specialty is fly fishing for Trout and Stripers.

~Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish~

Author Topic: reds  (Read 2082 times)

icthus

• FishHead
reds
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:01:35 PM »
Went out tonight caught a handful of 12-18" reds around the lights.  Mixed in a couple of trout, no snook.  The season opens tomorrow and I am a bit excited.  I have yet to eat a snook in almost 5 years because of the season being closed.  The tailors are back at Dans, every time the tide is below .7 you can see them on the n side.  Fish white bait unless they are flopping then swap over to crabs.  White bait works dead afternoon this time of year when the mullet are pushing around.

Long cast, rod tip down, tic, tic, long strip, clear line, and smile
Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"

Steve H

• Need to fish!
  • Global Moderator
Re: reds
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
So how late in Fall can a Pal come fish with you?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

icthus

• FishHead
Re: reds
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »
Hit me up pal and we can work some pieces.  Once they fall in place I will have a open door policy to all pals.  We are 2 weeks out from moving in and the wife is a bit stressed. 

-Pal
"You see the fish, make the cast. Tic, tic, hit him, no not a trout set!!!!!! What are you doing?"